S5 Max - Dustbin Problem

S5 Max - Dustbin Problem

Hi all, I have an S5 max that is about 9 months old. It used to work great, but now the dustbin only collects dust in the centre of the bin area, which means it holds very little and needs changing after cleaning any room with a carpet (see photo attached). I tried contacting support but they fobbed me off (saying it was hair/fluff and so wouldn't collect properly). I don't accept this, as it used to work fine, and we have no pets and just a couple of rooms with standard wool carpets (wood floors elsewhere), cleaned once a week. I tried clapping the fan and changing the filter - that didn't work. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they solved it?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you send us a picture to show the issue?

Like0
  • No-one else had this issue? It's even worse now - it won't even clean a single carpeted bedroom as it is getting 'full' - I need to clean each bedroom twice, emptying the bin in between in order to get a decent clean...

Like0
  • I have the same problem. After several months is working fine, the vacuum only accumulates hair in the muffler of the dustbin. It stacks up and leaves most of the bin empty.

If there is a way to fix this, that would be great. As I'm about to bin the whole vacuum.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/02/2021      15:41
    @PandionExpress:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Can I have a picture showing the issue? Could you please send us a picture to show the filter like the attached one?

Like0
    PandionExpress
    PandionExpress09/04/2021      09:20
    @RR_Support:

I'm trying to upload pictures but getting an error message. "Request failed with status code 500"

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/10/2021      02:08
    @PandionExpress:

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's possible the size of the file exceeds limit. Could you please try and upload it to google drive and share it with us?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

John160
Welcome to Roborock Forum