Roborock s6 MaxV wont go on carpet

Roborock s6 MaxV wont go on carpet

I recently purchased the Roborock s6 MaxV and have 2 of the same area rugs in my home. The first run the vacuum navigated the one in my living room fine but refused to try the identical carpet in my office seemingly detecting it as a cliff / wall. Two days later and it will now no longer clean the carpet in my living room either detecting it as a cliff or wall too. Neither carpet is black or have a complicated patterns and are both lighter than my dark wood floors. I tried to coax it onto the carpet with the remote but it still wont even attempt to get on the carpet. I tried covering the cliff sensors with white paper and it refused to run saying "clean cliff sensors." Is there any way I can make this vacuum clean my carpets or do I just have to return it and go with another brand?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Could you send us pictures of your carpet for our reference?

What's the height of the carpet?

Could you send us a video to show its not cleaning those carpets? We believe a video could help us know what is wrong and give you a solution.

It is suggested to upload the video online like google drive and send us the video link if the video is large. (remember to add our address to list to access video)

Like0
    Kittenrainbow
    Kittenrainbow02/12/2021      19:02
    @RR_Support:

Certainly. None of the photos will load in this chat but I have created an album with photos of the carpets, videos, and cleaning maps. The 36 second video / blue map is the living room which it can sometimess find a way on the carpet with pin and go but will skip cleaning. The longer video / yellow map is the office which it cannot do.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/13/2021      15:40
    @Kittenrainbow:

Could you use a dry cloth to clean cliff sensors to have a try? See the screenshot for where to find cliff sensors.

Like0
    Kittenrainbow
    Kittenrainbow02/17/2021      05:59
    @RR_Support:

Hello, I can confirm that I have cleaned those sensors that it will still not attempt to clean the carpet in my office (video 2). The unit is brand new and has never been able to clean this carpet. I am ocassionally able to get it to clean the living manually but it will skip it in its normal clean

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kittenrainbow
Welcome to Roborock Forum