NO WATER COMING OUT ON S5 MAX

NO WATER COMING OUT ON S5 MAX

Hi! I encountered the same problem with my S5 Max in which no water is coming out. I already tried the suggested courses of actions I read from various discussions in this forum such as blowing of air holes, s*cking of water outlet, changing the mop cloth, putting on a wet mop cloth, poking the two small slots underneath the robot with a needle, disabling the carpet mode, and adjusting the water flow to the lowest level - unfortunately, none of these recommendations worked out! I NEVER used or mixed any detergent/cleaning solutions on my robot since day 1, only pure tap water. What seems to be the problem here? I've been using this for 4 months now and this is the only time it failed to mop my floor. This is not a cheap appliance and trust me, the money spent here is already something for a family affected by the pandemic. Please help, your kind feedback is highly appreciated.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Please try the method below:

Please install the water tank and mopping module back (without the mop cloth), and reboot your device (long press the power button to switch off the device and then long press the same button to switch it back on). When the robot has positioned itself, let it run for around 20 sec. Please check if there're 2 water trails on the ground. 

Like0
    Bryan
    Bryan03/08/2021      03:52
    @RR_Support:

Hello,

I've done this already but with no improvement on the status. There's no water coming out of the tank still. Is there any other solution for this? This is still subject to warranty, how can I request for replacement?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/11/2021      04:51
    @Bryan:

Hi, thanks for your reply. If there's no water coming out if you've tried that, we suggest you contact support@roborock.com for further help. Please tell them you serial number and your purchase information.

Here's where you can find the SN. Open the cover of the device and take out the dustbin. There's a barcode on the device (not on dustbin). The SN is under the barcode like R0201S82418800.

If the device has already been added to the app, SN could also be checked there. See attached picture "info"

Like0
    etetet
    etetet03/20/2021      15:09
    @RR_Support:

Hi, I ran into the same issue. It does not pump water. Even I put the "water tank" in place it does not recognize it. Tried the suggestions above but does not work.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hi, I also experiencing the exact same problem, already did the exact same thing as well, is there any solution or maybe the firmware?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/23/2021      12:04
    @william_ep:

Could you please check the following and see if there'll be water trails? If no, please send us a video showing the process.

Turn the device over, you'll find two small holes under the robot if you remove the water tank. See attached picture. Check if there's anything blocking the hole by poking them slightly with a needle. Then install the water tank and mop bracket (without the mopping cloth). Please do the test below to see if the robot itself is fine or not.

1) Take the robot off the dock. Then turn off the robot by long pressing the power button. Then put it on the dock until the robot turns itself on. 

2) Start the robot from the dock. After the robot establishes its position (when the map appears on your phone), wait for about 20 seconds and observe if there're water trails on the ground. 

You can check the video below for reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pU8SgTnMK9PbZeW_S9BL97jnhZZLlmn4/view?usp=sharing

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bryan
Welcome to Roborock Forum