Specific room cleaning with Google Home

Specific room cleaning with Google Home

Hi there,

I’ve recently set up my Roborock S5 Max and though it’s working tremendously well, I have one problem I can’t solve. In the roborock app, under profile -> voice control, it claims you can use Google Home to make your roborock clean a specific room. However, whenever I tell Google something like ‘clean kitchen’ or ‘clean hallway’, the roborock goes and cleans the whole house. Does anybody know how to solve this? The rooms are properly mapped in the roborock app and I added rooms with the same names in the Google home app.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dirk.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, please tell us the following information

The app you're using. Roborock or Mihome?

Please also tell us which service you selected in Google home.

The region you selected in the app.

Please record a video showing the process from when you give the command, to how the robot respond.

The info of your device.

Like0
    Kornee
    Kornee02/25/2021      23:04
    @RR_Support:

Hi there,

I seem to have missed your reply, I apologize for that. I hope you can still help me.

I am using the Roborock app. In Google Home I selected the Roborock service. With region, do you mean which room of the house I selected in Google Home? My Google Home app is set in Dutch, so I’m not sure if that is what you mean. If so, it’s set up as being in ‘house’. I have also tried to make the region selected in Google the same as the room in the cleaning command I gave, but that didn’t make a difference. I have also tried selecting Living Room (which is where the Roborock actually is), but this didn’t make a difference either.

Model : roborock.vacuum.s5e, Serial Number : R0517S01603945, UID : rr5de9762917d820, App Version : 2.3.32(iOS 14.4), Firmware Version : 01.13.40, Plug-In Version : RRMDX1062, DID : rr_3UqERrPKps1jadXbXgHCig, Wi-Fi Name : KPN9D4BC6, IP Address : 192.168.2.39, MAC Address : 64:90:c1:00:96:9b, 

You can find a video of me giving the command here: https://vimeo.com/516915517

Thanks again for your help!

Dirk.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/27/2021      15:51
    @Kornee:

Hi, could you send us a screenshot to show the name of the rooms you've assigned to the map?

Best regards.

Like0
    Kornee
    Kornee03/02/2021      12:52
    @RR_Support:

Hi there,

Attached is a screenshot of my map with room names.

Best,

Dirk.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kornee
Welcome to Roborock Forum