Strange Charging problem with Roborock s5

Strange Charging problem with Roborock s5

I have a Roborock s50 device and I have been using it for more than 1 year without any problems. It became my biggest assistant in the house

Unfortunately, I have been having a strange problem for 3 or 4 days .. I searched for forums on the Internet and did not come across such a problem.

While the device is in its dock normally, it moves from its place like he is bored, moves forward a little and returns to its dock and says "Charging". It does this a few times and eventually gives an Error 13 error and starts to wait in front of it separately from the charging station. This error indicates that the device is not charging, but the device is charging without any problems and it does this when it is 100% charged.

At this point, when I give the task of cleaning the house (via the button on it or via the application), it performs normal cleaning. When it is done, it returns to its home and fills up until it is 100%. When the charge is full, it disconnects as I said and starts to wait after giving an error. Oddly enough, the charge comes to 100% after cleaning and stays in place, but it gives this error after removing the cleaning chamber, cleaning it and putting it back in place.

At this point, my actions made are:

- First soft reset, then hard reset, reset the firmware to factory setting and reinstalled. Then it automatically came back to the latest update. Currently available software is the latest ie 3.5.8_002034

- I of course cleaned the device completely. I have already changed the existing filter, but I put a new filter in and use it with the new filter.

- I specifically cleaned the charging points of both the charging station and the vacuum cleaner. There is no situation preventing contact. As I said already, there is no problem in charging since it is filling up to 100%. - There is no problem with battery power either. Even after cleaning the entire 150 m2 house at maximum power, around 60% of the battery returns to the station at the end of 1.5 hours.

- After this problem, I made all the parts of the device that can be cleaned with the side and middle brushes. It might be unrelated, but this is the trick. How is it related to the subject, I could not figure it out either. Actually I clean brushes regularly too.

So, do you have an opinion? Is there a solution ?

Thank you.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Do you mean the issue only occur when the robot charges to 100%? Or randamly at a certain percentage of battery? Could you please catch a video and share it with us?

Like0
    PeAceR
    PeAceR03/28/2021      09:34
    @RR_Support:

Yes.. It is recharged to %100 and then gets out from the charge station, turns around 180 degree and gives error 13... I can give clean command. It cleans without any problem, then go to docking station to recharge.. then again not stays there

Unfortunately the problem is getting worse since I wrote here.. for one or two days during recharging , the power led turns off in blink time, dock led blink and power gets back again and the charging time is prolonged too much..

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/29/2021      00:35
    @PeAceR:

Hi, thanks for your reply. From your description, there seems to be something wrong with the motherboard. We suggest you contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Like0
  • So I have a very similar problem - that started at a similar time - I suspect that the firmware update has caused an issue - either when the battery is too warm, so it stops charging, or because the charge rate is too low.

Roborock support basically gave me the same advice - could be a motherboard or battery fault - but it does charge ok after some sort of cooldown time.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PeAceR
Welcome to Roborock Forum