Travel/cross only line in the map

Travel/cross only line in the map

Please consider this (naive) suggestion for the S6 Max V software.

I have 1-2cm high doorsteps between rooms. The robot handle these doorsteps like a champ when travelling between rooms. But when it starts cleaning it thinks it has to clean the door step too and it gets itself stuck. In the map editor I can create No-Go zones but it would be awesome if I could draw a No-Cleaning-Only-Travel-Line on the map. Using this line where the doorsteps are located, the robot could still travel between rooms but avoid cleaning 20 cm on either side of the line. I sure this would prevent my robot getting stuck on doorsteps.

Best regards a robot vacuum owner.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• We would note it down. Doorsteps are one of pain points. We appreciate your careful description.

Like1
    Halldinen
    Halldinen06/26/2021      10:53
    @RR_Suggestions:

This! exactly why I came here. Our thresholds are 30 cm, so i've built some "steps" in front of the doorsteps/tresholds which lets the robot climb over them. However just as Robotidea mentions, the robot wants to clean them and this often result in it getting stuck as it tries to travel parallell to the doorstep. I have rescued my robot several times now because of this. I even added no-go zones but it still wants to clean a tiny patch in between the no-go zones. If I move them closer, the robot will simply refuse to go over that doorstep.

Please, please! RR_Suggestions, put this feature request high up on the to-do list. Rescuing a 500£ robot from doorsteps several times a week does not give the premium experience which the pricetag would suggest.

Like2
    RobotIdea
    RobotIdea07/06/2021      10:27
    @Halldinen:

I agree :-)

Like0
    William7574
    William757403/08/2024      19:51
    @RobotIdea:

Embarking on a journey is a thrilling crossroads of discovery and adventure. Whether traversing distant lands or exploring local gems, travel unveils a tapestry of cultures and landscapes. Amidst the myriad of travel options, evaluating platforms like CheapOair is essential. Visit here https://cheapoair.pissedconsumer.com/review.html and get more skills. CheapOair reviews serve as a compass, guiding wanderers towards budget-friendly flights and accommodations. In the realm of travel, where every experience is a unique cross-section of culture and exploration, leveraging insights from CheapOair reviews ensures a seamless and affordable journey to create lasting memories.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RobotIdea
Welcome to Roborock Forum