Can't make this thing work: S6 MaxV

Can't make this thing work: S6 MaxV

I posted this same issue on the "Discussion" section of this site and haven't received any responses.

I have a new S6 MaxV have had enough issues with the Roborock app that I'm tempted to return the robot and go back to pushing my Dyson around the house.

It took parts of 4 days and several exchanges with support for me to get the app installed on my phone, but once I had it, I figured I was home free...not so! Here are some of the issues I've encountered and haven't been able to solve:

1. Using the room edit feature, I named all the rooms, but now all the room names have disappeared.
  2. I scheduled the robot to do a full clean twice per week. Now the schedule is no longer there. I get the message, "no schedules set."
  3. When I want to clean just one room, I hit the "room" button, pick the room I want to clean, even though the name is gone, and hit "clean", but the app immediately changes to the "Full" clean mode and the vacuum begins to vacuum the entire house.
  4. I tried to have the robot mop the kitchen, but when I tried to direct it to the kitchen, it began mopping the rug in my bedroom, where the robot lives. When I carried the robot manually into the kitchen and hit "clean" and it actually mopped the kitchen. After it mopped the kitchen, I removed the water reservoir and hit the "home" button. It returned to the dock where it leaked a fair amount of water onto the floor.

What the heck is going on? Am I the only one who can't make this thing work? The documentation is terrible. It tells you what the unit is capable of but doesn't actually tell you how to do anything. BTW, I've spent hours playing with the app as well as scouring the Roborock site "Discussion" and "Support," to little avail.

Any suggestion on where to go or what to try now?

Since I originally posted this on the Discussion forum, I have tried rescheduling and naming of rooms...same result...they just disappeared.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, we feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding the 4 problems you've encountered, we can help try and figure it out one by one.

The first issue seems to be a little bit related to the thrid one. Would you please send us a screenrecording showing how you select the room to clean and then it switches to full clean?

Second one: would you please send us a screenshot to show the message you've got? The no schedules found message.

We apologize again for the trouble you're facing and will try to help resolve the issue.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom
Welcome to Roborock Forum