S5 navigation issues

S5 navigation issues

Hello (from France),

I've been using my Roborock S5 for 2 or 3 years now.

Since 1 ( or 2 months) ago it cannot complete a full clean-up by covering 100% of the area of my house. Previously it was working well. See screenshots included, there are definitively holes in the map.

I've read several post from previous users having same problemes and here is was i tried :

• Cleanup detectors
  • Remove of the mop
  • Reset of the map
  • Deactivation of the map generation

Nothing changed, the bug is still present.

I was considering doing a hard reset but it's likely to not solve the issue.

So what's the solution. Please help me !

Is there a device to replace (detector, lidar, wheels or something else) ? Please let me know :)

Thank you for your help !

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Most missed cleaning and abnormal cleaning trace issue are caused by wall sensor (at right side of device see attached picture). 

We suggest you use wet cloth or tissue to clean wall sensor first, and then use dry tissue or cloth to clean it. Do it for multiple times. You need clear everywhere of sensor glass.

If problem still exists, could you please send us picture of wall sensor? You need to turn on the flash of your phone when taking photo of wall sensor so that it could show the inside of the sensor clearly.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/21/2021      09:30
    @RR_Support:

Like0
  • I've double cleaned and everything's ok now !

Thank you for the help :)

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/27/2021      08:55
    @SCL:

Hi, thanks for your updates!

If there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to contact us.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SCL
Welcome to Roborock Forum