S7 frequent "main wheel jammed" and nav errors

S7 frequent "main wheel jammed" and nav errors

So i recently acquired an S7 to replace my Roomba i7 and so far I really like it, but I'm noticing that almost once every clean the s7 will stop and give me an error message to clear the main wheels, and everytime I check nothing is blocking them. About 90% of the time I can just resumet he clean and it takes off and finishes with no problem. Oddly the bot ran fine for the first week or so and now it's doing this.

Just wondering if anyone has had this before and if so how they fixed it? It's seemingly random, usually just in the middle of a room. I've also noticed the bot will occasionally go facing into a corner and then say it's stuck. This one is irritating because resuming the clean won't fix it, it'll just spin in circles unless I physically move it or remote control drive it backwards.

Hoping these are just some software bugs to be worked out as otherwise the bot works so much better than my roomba ever did.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• what solved your issue?

Like0
  • Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

1) When the issue occurred, may I know where the robot is? Is it on carpet?

2) Could you please check if there's anything stuck inside the wheel when the issue occurs?

3) Please try and upgrade the firmware of the device to its latest version.

Like0
  • I am experiencing the same thing currently. It was on carpet when i initially received the wheel jammed error. I picked it up and didn’t notice anything jammed or stuck in the vacuum. I have since moved it to hardwood (which 85% of my house is) and it just says repositioning every 15 seconds for like 3-4 mins all while slightly moving forward, backwards, and side to side but it essentially stays in the same place the entire time. Then after about 4 or so mins of “repositioning” it just stops and says wheel jammed and the light on the top of the vacuum turns red. Is there a fix for this yet?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/27/2021      00:36
    @BOFA:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

According to your description, it seems that there's something stuck inside the wheel.

You can press the wheels to see if they can depress and rebound freely and turn them to see if they can rotate freely.

If nothing is stuck inside and the wheels move freely, you can also try the method below:

1. Put the device on the ground, push it aggressively forward&backward for around 10 sec (like using an eraser). You can push it with some force like in the video below:

https://youtu.be/MiBkw_lcTF8

2. When you feel there's less resistance in the wheels, start cleaning again to see if it works.

Like1
    DMFA
    DMFA10/27/2022      16:11
    @RR_Support:

I had the same issue and this worked perfectly thank you

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/29/2022      17:19
    @DMFA:

Hi, thanks for your updates! For further help, feel free to contact us!

Like0
  • My S7 keeps saying the wheels are jammed. I moved the wheels up and down and pushed it around for 10 seconds like an eraser as suggested. Any advice?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/09/2023      09:24
    @Suuz:

There might be something wrong with the device itself.

Would you please contact us at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com)so that we can better assist?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

micheblea83
Welcome to Roborock Forum