Invisible wall vs no go zone?

Invisible wall vs no go zone?

Hi, what is the difference between using the invisible wall compare to a no-go zone. For example I have a balcony which is slightly lower so I don't want my robot to go there, so do I use the invisible wall or a no-go zone? Secondly I have sofa that the robot can fit under, but it kind of gets stuck so it comes back out. Do I use invisible walls around the sofa or do I use a no-go zone on the sofa in the map. Roborock S7 btw.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

You can think of the no-go zone as an area where you've put 4 invisible walls. For invisible wall, it's like a wall. The robot won't try to cross it. For no-go zone, the robot won't enter the zone.

For example, the balcony, I think the invisible wall is fine because normally there's only one way to balcony. For the sofa, not sure how it's placed and look like. If there are multiple angles the robot can go under the sofa, maybe you can set a no-go zone. If you just put the invisible wall, the robot may be blocked in one way, but there's still another for the robot to get under.

Best regards.

Like1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RockyPeli
Welcome to Roborock Forum