S5 Error: 106 Left Wheel Open Circuit

S5 Error: 106 Left Wheel Open Circuit

Hi, I have a S5 and get Error 106: Left Wheel Open Circuit. I replaced the left wheel assembly and still have the same issue. What's the next step for me to try?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the internal error is related to the short or open circuit of the wheel or ODO error, like error 105, 106, 107, 108 or 116,

please try the method below:

1. Put the device on the ground, push it aggressively forward&backward for around 10 sec (like using an eraser). You can push it with some force like in the video below:

https://youtu.be/MiBkw_lcTF8

2. When you feel there's less resistance in the wheels, start cleaning again to see if it works.

Notice:

Manually pushing the device would cause an overheat of the motor. If the resistance is still high after erasing the wheel for 10 seconds, please wait for a while until the motor cools down, and then try it again.

Like0
    Andy
    Andy05/23/2022      01:30
    @RR_Support:

Oddly enough, this worked for me. I am wondering why it works and what actually needs maintenance on the robot.

Like1
    Jahir
    Jahir07/14/2022      09:00
    @RR_Support:

Hello

This method worked for first two instances but now it is not working anymore. The error 106 is not going away. What should I do? Should I replace the left wheel? If so, how to do it?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2022      15:40
    @Jahir:

Hi, thanks for your reply. In this case the wheel may probably need to be replaced. But some models may be easy to have the wheels replaced while others may not. May I know which model you're using? If the device is still under warranty, we'd suggest start warranty service because oepning up the robot may void the warranty.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chuck
Welcome to Roborock Forum