Firmware bricked my S7?

Firmware bricked my S7?

Last night I attempted to update my S7 and everything seemed fine until it “rebooted”. My phone then showed the unit was offline and now the unit has a rapidly flashing white light. I can’t get anything working, the vacuum didn’t vacuum last night, nothing works anymore. Any ideas or did the firmware brick my unit?

1.12.72 updated to 1.13.20 is what was attempted.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Honestly I think that firmware needs to be rolled back for everyone and maybe should stop getting released. Mine installed fine, but now my vacuum navigates like it’s intoxicated . Making super wide unnecessary turns and skipping whole areas randomly.

I hope your unit isn’t bricked though.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/28/2021      16:05
    @URFIR3D:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Customer Support and we are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your device.

May I know if the robot can respond at all if you press any of the button? Maybe you can send us a short video showing the robot's abnormal behaviour.

We suggest you also factory reset the device to go back to the previous firmware to give it a try.

Step 1. Hold the recharge button for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2. Press the reset button next to wifi LED with a pin just once. Then the light of the power button and the recharge button will be out. When doing this, please make sure you're still holding the recharge button without moving.

Step 3. Keep holding the recharge button for 5 seconds after you've pressed the reset button until the light of the power button blinks again, then you'll hear the tone "Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait with patience". After that, you could stop holding the recharge button.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bakelmion
Welcome to Roborock Forum