S7 - Separate Docking Station on each floor

S7 - Separate Docking Station on each floor

Can I put a second charging/dock station on a separate floor of the house?

I saw a similar question for the S5, but wanted to make sure the answer applies to the S7 too. My main AutoEmpty dock is on the main floor near a utility area, but it would be useful to have a second station on the second floor (it sometimes runs out of battery before it finishes the second floor). DO I just remap the second floor from the second dock to teach the robot to return to the second dock when it is cleaning the second floor?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

The following answer applies to S7, and doesn't apply to S5 because S5 doesn't support multiple floor map feature.

Yes, you can use a separate docking station on each floor. The robot will be able to determine which floor it is on, and use the correpsonding map. You just need to start the robot from the dock, and let it do a round of full house cleaning to map the house. Please don't forget to enable the multiple floor mapping feature on.

Like0
    leviathan
    leviathan09/03/2022      06:31
    @RR_Support:

Hi, I have a similar scenario.

I have 2 x docks (auto-empty and normal dock) with multi-floors setting too.

If I bring the vacuum to the floor where only normal dock installed; should I change the bin type too? OR just leave the auto-empty bin type and when it detects the 'auto-empty' dock, it'll empty itself?

Thanks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/05/2022      10:30
    @leviathan:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Yes you can leave the auto empty bin in and the robot will be able to recognize what kind of dock it's docking and act accordingly.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocky
Welcome to Roborock Forum