Reducing noise when crossing the edges of carpets and obstacles

Reducing noise when crossing the edges of carpets and obstacles

I have owned the roborock s7 for a month now and so far have been delighted with its quality, reliability and cleverness. 

I live in a multi-apartment building on the second floor. The neighbors downstairs pointed out to me that they were disturbed by the noise of the working robot. And it's not about the sound of the vacuum cleaner motor, but about the device's wheels hitting the floor.

In my apartment I have wooden floors with carpets in some places. The device is quite heavy and causes noise when driving onto carpets, and especially when driving off the carpet. The rug has an edge that is sometimes thicker than the rug itself.

Noise also arises when the robot crosses obstacles that sometimes appear on the floor, especially between rooms (slats connecting different types of flooring).

I have noticed that the noise is reduced when the robot is moving slower and then it gently slides over the edge of the carpet or an obstacle.

Roborock S7 knows where the carpets are (we can see it on the map). Perhaps it could be programmed to move slowly near the edge of the carpet and gently run over the edge of the carpet.

In the case of other obstacles, the "slow zone" could be marked on the map, similarly to the forbidden zones.

Such operation of the robot would significantly increase the comfort of using this wonderful device.

Please consider making this improvements

Still an enthusiastic customer

Greg

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greg
Welcome to Roborock Forum