S5 max mopping problems after firmware update

S5 max mopping problems after firmware update

Hi,

after updating my S5 max and enabling water flow in mopping, the device is behaving strangely. You can see the pics below.

this one is without water:

this one with minimum water:

I have tried hard reset, problem is not solved.

You can clearly see that the problem starts immediately after enabling water flow. The cloth in not yet wet and the pattern is distorted.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for your reaching out.

It seems that the wheels get slippery when the device is mopping. Would you please use a piece of cloth the clear the wheels thoroughly?

If it's still the same, please reach out to support@roborock.com to get further assistance. Please also attach your purchase information and the device's SN.

Like0
    val
    val01/15/2022      10:27
    @RR_Support:

Hi, I have cleaned them thoroughly, the result is the same. You can still see that the problem starts directly (5-10 seconds) after enabling water flow.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/16/2022      13:31
    @val:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It's possible that the wheels get slippery during mopping. Please contact our support team for further assistance.

Like0
  • Hi I have the same problem and we have had this problem in the past too as discussed here: https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/2515/roborock-s5-max-map-and-navigation-issue/p1

When we use vacuum only it works fine but with any water it goes crazy. Is there a fix planned please?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/21/2022      07:21
    @tCal:

It's possible that the wheels get slippery during mopping. You can use a piece of cloth to clean the wheels thoroughly. If it's still the same, Please contact our support team at support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Best regards.

Like0
    tCal
    tCal01/21/2022      10:00
    @RR_Support:

It is definitely not the problem of the wheels! We had this issue in the past as well and it was fixed. It started after the latest firmware update so perhaps your engineers can take a look at that please?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/28/2022      10:13
    @tCal:

Hi, thanks for your reply. You can try factory reset the device to verify if the issue is indeed caused by the firmware or not. The factory reset will bring the device back to the previous firmware update. The steps are as follows:

Step 1. Hold the recharge button for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2. Press the reset button next to wifi LED with a pin just once. Then the light of the power button and the recharge button will be out. When doing this, please make sure you're still holding the recharge button without moving.

Step 3. Keep holding the recharge button for 5 seconds after you've pressed the reset button until the light of the power button blinks again, then you'll hear the tone "Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait with patience". After that, you could stop holding the recharge button.

Like0
  • Hi, the following has happened:

I am sending the robot to the support center of the vendor here in Greece, they test it and is all good. They send me back the robot.

The moment I install it in my house the problem comes back...

I am making some video of the behaviour of the robot, (you can see them in the link below), I am sending them to the vendor and after recognising the problem, they tell me to send the robot back to service.

After 2 days they telling me again that the robot behaves normal, and they send it back to me.

I am having a robot that is not functioning well but the vendor says is ok... what else can I do?

kind regards, Chrysovalantis

https://we.tl/t-Rvak58A53B

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/26/2022      10:27
    @val:

In this case, please contact our support team and report the issue at support@roborock-eu.com. They will try and investigate into the case and assist further.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

val
Welcome to Roborock Forum