Roborock S7 not connecting to new wifi SSID

Roborock S7 not connecting to new wifi SSID

I had to replace my old router and created a new SSID/passwords for my 2.4ghz and 5ghz signals. When trying to connect the S7 to the new network it fails on step 3.6 of the "How do I connect my robot cleaner to Roborock app on an iOS device" FAQ. I have tried uninstalling the app from my phone and reinstalling it. I've deleted the old profile of my vacuum from the app and tried adding it as a new device. Also did a factory reset on the vacuum and every single time I get to step 3.6 it fails at the "Phone is connecting to device..." step even though my iPhone is connected to the robockrock vacuum device wifi signal.

My wifi password does not contain any special characters as annotated in the instructions. I don't have any ad blockers running on my phone. I have tried turning off the 5ghz signal to make sure there was no interference from that and that didn't work. I am unsure of how else to troubleshoot this issue.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• To fix the issue with my iPhone not working. I tried using my iPad and everything worked as stated in the "How do I connect my robot cleaner to Roborock app on an iOS device". I am not sure why my iPhone was having connection issues but my vacuum connected just fine using the iPad. Unfortunately, I will have to remap my rooms again but the vacuum did dock and install the firmware updates from the roborock app on my iPad.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/28/2022      10:31
    @workhorse:

Hi, thanks for your updates!

If the account has been connected on your ipad, you can try and log into the same account on your new iphone.

One account can be logged into on multiple devices at the same time. If it's online on one device, it will be online on other devices as well. Then you can do the firmware updates~

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

workhorse
Welcome to Roborock Forum