Constant wheels jamming issue on carpet

Constant wheels jamming issue on carpet

Hi there. I have tried everything in this post already but nothing seems to work. I am getting constant wheels jammed issues in my robot when it goes over carpet. It only does this on a (medium pile) carpet that it had no problems with before.

Can I change my settings or something to get it to go over that spot? If I do spot cleaning and avoid my rug, everything works great. Nothing is in the wheels, and they all move freely. Are my sensors dirty? What is going on here?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for your reaching out.

Would you please remove the mop mount and let the robot vacuum the carpet only to see if the same error will still appear?

Like0
  • I'm having the wheel jammed message very often and there is nothing jamming it. I restart and it continues on for a bit, then wheel jam message again. I tried the rolling the bot hard back and forth while pressing down on the wheels. But didn't fix the problem. I'll try the mop suggestion below. I've only owned this for a couple weeks and bought on Amazon. I'm going to return and buy a new one if this doesn't resolve it. I have the same model in my other house and never get this issue.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/24/2022      08:47
    @Konaconnie:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. When moving on carpet with mop installed, there could be high friction between mop and carpet, causing some drain on the robot's wheels. The robot may have a harder time moving and therefore errors out with wheel jamming.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

andrewm
Welcome to Roborock Forum