The cleaning process become much slower because of Carpet scanning

The cleaning process become much slower because of Carpet scanning

My S7 goes around the edges of every carpet in order to add it to the map in the app every time it runs. This seemingly defeats the purpose of the scan in the first place and just makes each run take much longer. Surely the robot should know about each carpet from the first scan and just go over them much quicker?

Frankly, I don't understand the reason for this function's existence at all considering how well carpet detection works anyway. I see no reason for the app to know where the carpets are. This function didn't exist during the first few months of the S7's existence and it went over carpets much quicker with the same exact cleanliness result.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!