There is no way to find the MAC address, right?

There is no way to find the MAC address, right?

I have a Roborock S6 maxV. I can't find the MAC address. I looked everywhere, and the answer I got is that I have to connect the device to the internet before I can have the MAC address. But there's a thing called community WIFI and it requires a MAC address before you could connect devices to the internet. Do you see how stu.pid it is???

If you don't know what community WIFI is, go check out Community Solution by Spectrum. The way it works is that everybody in this community shares the same wifi, but you have to provide the MAC addresses of your devices for the internet connection.

I have been stuck on this for over a month. I've tried all the methods that are available online, including the one on this website that says I could use 2 smartphones and its hotspots and an app called Mi Home. https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/73/mac-address

guess what? NONE OF THEM WORK. I even bought a router just for the MAC address, but no luck as well.

I have many smart devices and every one of them has its MAC address either on the bottom of the device or in the user's manual, except Roborock. WHY???? Why do you have to hide the MAC address from your customers and hide it so well that nobody could find it? This is just plain stu.pid and pain in the a.ss product design.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• any decent router should show you all devices connected to it and their MAC addresses, under DHCP client list

Like0
    Amal Salstrom
    Amal Salstrom05/06/2024      04:59
    @anonyless:

I love how you challenge farmed kitchen and bar conventional wisdom and encourage critical thinking.

Like0
    sanakhan
    sanakhan05/07/2024      09:55
    @anonyless:

hello

Like0
  • Hi thanks for reaching out. May I know if you have connected the S6maxV to the hotspot?

If you 've connected it to wifi, you can find the Mac Address in customer support>>product info>>Mac address

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zedd
Welcome to Roborock Forum