Ran out of map

I have a long and somewhat skinny house (let's say long in the east-west direction). I have set my S7 to map the main floor multiple times, starting from both ends of the house and it always stops mapping with about 2 meters to go. The bot can't 'see' beyond the edge of some software map constraint. I suspect the north-south width on the map has plenty of headroom.

I doubt the bot is memory or compute constrained, so a simple increase in the map size would be helpful. But if actually constrained, perhaps dynamically allocating 'unused' north-south map 'space' to east-west as needed would be a close second. 😀

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

May I know if you've tried to move the dock to a more central location? When it's centrallyed located, the robot will be able to achieve it's maximum navigation ability. If it's located on the far-side, the ability will be significantly constained.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Optimizer
Welcome to Roborock Forum