S5 max battery discharging immediately

S5 max battery discharging immediately

S5-Max

Problem: battery discharges immediately after it is off the dock.

the last time I used it (yesterday) I notices it was leaking water (which after a partly disassembling turned out the jets were blocked)

I

- let it run out of water took the tank off and then vacuumed a bit more (to let it dry) until the battery was low enough for it to return to the dock by itself.

- let it charge to 100%

- took it off the dock and cleaned it (holding it over an edge so i didn't have to turn it up side down in case of any water anywhere)

- put it back on the dock but it claimed it had to recharged. - app said 0%

- waited for a recharge

- sent it to a location (pin and go)

- the moment it is disconnected from the dock it goes to 0%

so either

- the battery (which was fine without much of a difference to when it was new about 2 years ago) went dead just like that.

- the mainboard/charging/power logic is broken.

I did take the battery out and the S5 acknowledged this with an error. So it does detect that whether there is a battery or not.

when I put it back in, it needs to recharge,

when I take the robot off the dock it is dead.

any thoughts?

any idea if I can test the battery somehow outside the S5?

thing is, I am not living anywhere close to a service center or spare parts shop, hence I will have to order things and will be able to pick them up around Christmas.

Ideally I pick up the correct spare (or a new robot)

Thanks,

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Axel
Welcome to Roborock Forum