Reversing Mop pattern

Reversing Mop pattern

Is there anyway I can change the mop direction on my wood floor? It automatically runs perpendicular and I'd like it to mop parallel.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Yes definitely keen to be able to choose the direction it mops. It currently leaves streaks as goes perpendicular to my floor boards

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/29/2023      09:16
    @Cathy:

Which model of robot do you have?

Like0
  • Yes we need to be able to change the direction the s7 s8 mops! nobody wants to go x2 to make this work, uses more water and take longer to do.

I know this can be added to software easily from your engineers?

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/05/2023      04:35
    @Transammatt:

The feature is supported on S8 and S8 Pro Ultra.

1.On the map page, please click on the edit pen and tap on "edit surface" to set up floor type and floor direction.

2.Then please click the three dots on top right corner, go to "floor cleaning settings" and enable "clean along floor direction" for this feature to work.

Like0
  • Thanks for posting. We're sorry that the models available currently don't support the feature. But for some models like S7, you can choose room/zone cleaning for at least twice. Then it will do a cross-hatch pattern and change the direction. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback. For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perry
Welcome to Roborock Forum