How to remove streaks if you have them after mopping

How to remove streaks if you have them after mopping

For those that use Bona ( or anything else) to clean your floor, it seems it may, overtime, leave a film build up. I have the S7 Max (it's awesome) and I was noticing streaks left on the floor of the path it took. We have dark oak scraped wood floors so you can see the lines based on the angle you look at it with natural room light. I thought it had something to do with the mop itself, but then started thinking what could be left on the floor since I'm only using water to clean. So I ran a test. I sprayed 409 down on the floor in a smaller area and used the bona mop (a clean cloth) to wipe it up to remove whatever grease or build up is there. Then I ran the Roborock in that area. Even though it ran the direction I don't want, it seems all the streak lines went away. I'm also only using water in the Roborock to make sure no more film is being left. I then 409'd most of the floor to make sure it was the problem. Sure enough, it seems they are gone! So I'm going to 409 the rest just to get the residual up off the floor and continue with the normal Roborock pattern. HOWEVER, I still think it would clean better going parallel and would like the option to change it's mopping direction without have to select 2x cleaning because our wood floor is scraped, not flat so it would grab more if running parallel. BTW, 409 also kills most viral cells and bacteria so an added bonus!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello, thanks for posting. Non-roborock cleaning solutions may vary in formulation and some may cause potential damage to the device. So we recommend use roborock-cleaning solution only. In particular, some corrosive solutions like dettol may cause damage to the device.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perry
Welcome to Roborock Forum