Q5 dust bin not emptying.

Q5 dust bin not emptying.

I have a Q5 with the automatic dust bin empty docking station. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the dust bin is not emptying. I have to manually empty the dirt and dog hair out from the dust bin every other day. The vacuum does a great job cleaning the floors, but I would like it to pull the dirt into the bag. I've examined the docking station for obstructions, and I don't see anything that is blocking it. The channel to the bag looks clear. Some dirt is getting to the bag, but very little. I'm wondering if there is a leak in the suction to the bag that is preventing pulling the dog hair and dirt into the bag.

I would appreciate any help in determining what is wrong with the cleaner.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello, thanks for reaching out.

Could you please double check if the main brush cover is well installed or not?

There are 4 tabs on the main brush cover. They should be inserted into the 4 corresponding slots on the main brush housing. See picture below:

Like1
    EJF
    EJF02/18/2024      17:50
    @RR_Support:

This fixed my issue!

Like0
  • same problem and checked main brush cover twice and reinstalled. makes me think there is a suction issue somewhere...

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/16/2023      13:27
    @momo:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. 

The issue you faced may not be solved in a short answer. We hope we could work with you to locate the cause and address it. Would you please contact us at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com)so that we can better assist? 

Like0
  • Hello There.

I have the same problem with my brand new Q5+. I like Roborock. This is my second product. I've had the S4 Max for over a year now and we decided to purchase the Q5+ because of the auto-empty bin feature.

But it's not been doing that. I have a husky so we run the Q5+ everyday, just because of the dog hair. But I have had to manually remove the hair from the cleaaner.

Is this something you guys are looking at?

Need some advice.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/29/2023      05:01
    @Noel:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well.

Have you checked the main brush cover installation?

If it's well installed but the issue persists, would you please contact us at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com)so that we can better assist?

Like0
    tohara
    tohara02/22/2024      03:29
    @RR_Support:

I had the same issue after running the vacuum for the first time. It kept giving me an automatic dust bin error and I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ. I had to remove the pre-installed bad and take out a TON of dog hair. It then did the automatic dust bin successfully. It hasn't run again so I'm hoping that after the next vacuum, I don't get the same error.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rich
Welcome to Roborock Forum