Feature request: lock map

Feature request: lock map

I have S7 MaxV robot and I generally love it. However, for some reason it sometimes fails in navigation while vacuuming and ends up finding new, non-existent rooms eg. behind solid walls and eventually gets totally lost. As a result it wastes precious battery time and usually when I notice what has happened the battery is so low the robot is unable to complete vacuuming in normal time, which is very, very annoying.

I propose the maps should have a setting such as "this map is completed an correct". When checked, the robot should stop vacuuming if it suddenly finds new previously unknown space in the current map. Alternatively the robot could realize in a such case that it has somehow failed in navigation and try to re-locate itself on the map and if it fails in relocation, it should stop and notify the user.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sir Hegel
Welcome to Roborock Forum