Carpet Avoidance for Vacuum & Mop

Carpet Avoidance for Vacuum & Mop

I am looking into purchasing a Roborock S7 or S8, but need a specific feature that I have not been able to verify. I have a silk carpet (with long tassels) in a hallway that essentially spans the width (not length) of the hallway. What I would like to be able to define is that the Roborock avoids the carpet when vacuuming, essentially going over the carpet (vacuum off), then continues its tour on the other side of the carpet. Basically, it would need to vaccum the entire apartment except this carpet. I understand that you can avoid a carpet altogether, but my case would require it to avoid vacuuming the carpet but still crossing over it, then continuing the vacuum process.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Thanks for postng.

We are sorry the feature you mentioned is not supported.

Like0
  • I have the S8 Pro, you can set an area for the vacuum to avoid, or a no-go zone in the app, I haven't done it yet but I did set an invisible wall so the vac would not go in my shower. I haven't tried the "no-go zone" feature yet but I would take up the rug temporarily and let the vacuum map your apartment, then replace it and set it as a no-go zone. That might work. What do you say @RR_Support

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2023      06:07
    @ScottFL:

If you set up the rug area as no-go zone, robot will avoid cleaning it.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

twil01
Welcome to Roborock Forum