Q5+ Won’t Save Maps No Matter What

Q5+ Won’t Save Maps No Matter What

I can’t get any help from support at all. They just start quoting the user manual, then when I tell them that doesn’t help, they start asking for screenshots: maps, histories … I send that all, but three days later all I get is more them reading the manual again with “I hope that solves your problem.” The cycle repeats again and again until your 30 days to return is up. What a racket.

Meanwhile, THERE IS NO MANUAL OR OFFICIAL VIDEOS DETAILING HOW TO USE APO FEATURES FOR THE Q5+. There is just an outdated manual for the S7, and a series of videos by some random user, not Roborock. Pathetic.

The unit cleans fine but gets stuck frequently, going right off the edge of stairs at full speed. That’s because it doesn’t know where it’s going because there are no saved maps, because IT WILL NOT SAVE ANY MAPS NO MATTER HOW COMPLETE THEY ARE. I can’t use any features like rooms or no-go zones UNTIL I HAVE VALID, SAVED MAPS.

This is a brand new unit, so it’s not because the contacts aren’t clean or it’s in DND mode or anything like that. It’s because your SOFTWARE HAS BUGS, but nobody at Roborock seems interested in knowing that. I’d hate return this unit because it cleans well, but I need to be able to save maps.

Please don’t start reading me the manual again. If you have some actual product or app knowledge that would help, please tell me.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabbycat
Welcome to Roborock Forum