S7 recently stopped sweeping the rug in the kitchen.

S7 recently stopped sweeping the rug in the kitchen.

We have an entry rug as a place to walk in and remove our shoes. We noticed that it’s been dusty and has grass on it from our shoes. For some reason the S7 recently stopped vacuuming it according to the cleaning history maps. What could be the reason that the vacuum has just decided to continually skip this rug that it used to sweep daily?

I’ve deleted the map and let it remap the main floor but it still avoided the rug during the mapping process.

On 8/29/2023 it swept the rug (the bottom right of the green room in the pictures). Then it started almost sweeping the rug the next day. And then by 9/5/2023 it stopped sweeping the rug entirely.

If I select just the rug in the app it will go to it, spin around and the say “Zone cleaning complete” and go back to charge without sweeping. It doesn’t even bother emptying itself. 

If I set it on the rug it moves off of it and cleans the rest of the house.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. Please try the following:

Pls check in the app settings if you've set the carpet avoidance as Rise/Dynamic lift, instead of avoid.

If you've selected the correct mode, but the issue persists, would you please reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com) so that we can better assist? "

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark.B
Welcome to Roborock Forum