frame

S5 Max support for 2 floors?

S5 Max support for 2 floors?

What is the best way to clean 2 floors?

Should I carry only robot upstairs? Or do I have to carry the dock too?

What about maps? There are 3 maps, which one do I select for upstairs?

And the main question: is multi floor really supported as advertised??

Thank you.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• S5 MAX could save 3 maps. One is current map. The other 2 will be overwritten always and you may not find any rule which they are.

Therefore, the multiple map saved function is not well made at present and could not meet customers' need. We suggest customer reset map every time and bring dock with robot when the robot is brought to another floor.

As for multiple floor map saving, we are still working on it. Your understanding will be much appreciated.

Like0
    Jon
    Jon02/04/2020      00:11
    @RR_Support:

Same question/request here! We are loving our new S5 Max... his name is Rocky. He definitely gets confused when you bring him to a different floor than what is loaded as the “current map.” I’m experimenting now with just alternating which floor gets cleaned so there’s one floor in current and the same one in the autosaved backup, then the other floor in the manually saved spot. I hope that if I load up the proper map for whichever floor Rocky is currently cleaning, he will clean more accurately.

Added challenge: one of our floors has floor-to-ceiling mirrors on one wall (workout room)! That sure makes some funky maps when he scans it with his laser :)

Like0
  • The same questions about 2-floor cleaning, must be a simple way, to clean different floors, without rebuilding maps.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Danijel
Welcome to Roborock Forum