Side brush stuck in carpet

Side brush stuck in carpet

Since the roborok can sense when it is on carpet, can it be programmed to turn off the side brush while on carpet? The side brush can easily get tangled up in carpet and this would alleviate that issue. For reference I have the s6 pure.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have s7 maxV and same issue with the side brush. Can someone add option to disable side brush on the carpet by default???

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/11/2022      09:45
    @radiogen:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

We regret and apologize that the feature you mentioned is currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0
  • I have s7 maxV and same issue with the side brush. Can someone add option to disable side brush on the carpet by default???

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/22/2022      09:04
    @radiogen:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. There's another type of 3 arm side brush that can handle some carpet better. Would you please get in touch with support@roborock.com and provide us with your purchase info and SN so that we can further assist?

Like0
    ZsoltiD
    ZsoltiD06/16/2023      11:53
    @RR_Support:

Dear Support,

I bought a Roborock S7 model. Unfortunately, the side brush often gets stuck in the carpet. I attached a picture about that.

I was sad to read that this problem is very old, and you can't provide an app solution/firmware update for that by RnD. 

It's also frustrating because it's an expensive model and could easily be remedied with a little programming. The operation of the side brush on a carpet makes no sense, so in this case it could be turned off. Can you please do something about it. Because for 3 years there has been no solution for that and many people have already reported the problem...

Like1
  • I just got mine today and it got stuck on the carpet.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/22/2022      09:04
    @Aligt :

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. There's another type of 3 arm side brush that can handle some carpet better. Would you please get in touch with support@roborock.com and provide us with your purchase info and SN so that we can further assist?

Like0
  • Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback. We will forward your suggestion to our R&D department.

Like0
    WhoKnows
    WhoKnows06/23/2023      18:13
    @RR_Support:

You've been saying this for THREE years. When you google "Roborock Forum," the very first thing that comes up is this thread... This is a fundamental feature that EVERYONE is asking for. You've kept on asking for pictures. You know what the issue is. We ALL have that issue. My S7 Max V goes on any medium height carpet, and there's a 90% chance it's getting stuck. Why can't you just add a feature so we can turn off the side brush on certain carpets??? It'll take your developer 10 mins to add that feature. CAN YOU PLEASE ESCALATE THIS?? We're not being unreasonable here.

Like1
  • Unfortunately the side brush can't be programmed to turn off while on carpet.

We will forward your idea to our R&D team and hopefully they could come up with a solution in the future.

BTW, there's another type of side brush which is also compatible with S6 Pure and it works better on carpet.

https://us.roborock.com/products/roborock-side-brush-2pcs-for-all-roborock-cleaners?_pos=10&_fid=f9e3ee9d3&_ss=c

Like0
  • Just bought this vacuum. Spent a fortune on it thinking it would work as good or better than my Samsung jetbot plus be able to mop. Right out of the gate the obstacle avoidance caused it to think my carpet was an obstacle and after removing that the side brush got caught in the carpet and broke. This thing is useless if it can’t vacuum rugs.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/24/2023      15:35
    @Johncook:

We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well.

Would you please reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com) so that we can better assist?

Like0
  • Joining the club on this. Can you just please post what the part is to prevent this? I unscrewed the part to do carpets, but now my floors aren’t being done well.

I second adding an app feature.

Like0
  • Joining the club on this. Can you just please post what the part is to prevent this? I unscrewed the part to do carpets, but now my floors aren’t being done well.

I second adding an app feature.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/26/2023      07:04
    @Hawk:

Hello thanks for reaching out. There's another type of side brush (3 arm bristle brush) that may work bettern on carpet than the 5 arm rubber brush. May i know if the machine can work properly on the carpet without the side brush? If yes, you may consider the 3 arm side brush (but we can not gurantee 100% this can resolve the issue since the actual carpet may vary). Here's a link for your reference:

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/2PCS-Roborock-Smart-Robo-Vacuum-Cleaner-Side-Brushes-Black-423879.html

Like0
    Nope
    Nope01/29/2024      00:18
    @RR_Support:

I have the 3 arm brush on mine and it still gets stuck. This brush came as is with the 3 arm brush. Confusing. My iRobot never got this same part stuck. Roborock is supposed to be significantly better. What’s the deal?

Like0
  • It’s Jan. 2024 and I’m still having this issue. First run out of the box and the vacuum got stuck in my rug three times permanently damaging the side sweeping arm. It also can’t seem to dock. I thought I was getting a quality product by paying extra. I’m very disappointed.

Like0
  • my brand new Roborock instantly got stuck on the carpet and damaged the side brush on the first run. My purchase was supposed to be an upgrade from iRobot. What a mistake - shows you how little you can trust online reviews. a 4 year old problem that hasn’t been addressed by the R&D team in such a widespread consumer product ?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

S6PureUser
Welcome to Roborock Forum