S6 MaxV - Firmware Update Problem - AGAIN

S6 MaxV - Firmware Update Problem - AGAIN

Hi @RR_Support , my robot has had problems with firmware update.

Same error with this old post of mine: https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/2388/firmware-update-problem/p1

My current update is version 01.51.96.

Please fix these problems thoroughly, or have appropriate solutions so that I can have more peace of mind when updating the firmware, if there is a next time.

Thank you very much.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1. Did the problem happen when the water tank was installed? If yes, uninstall tank to see if problem exists.

2. Please check if there is anything stuck inside of the wheel.

Like0
    pth.tn
    pth.tn01/27/2021      13:44
    @RR_Support:

Dear @RR_Support,

1. The water tank is completely normal, I tried to let the robot work when the water tank is not installed but the problem still occurs.

I have checked all possible hardware related issues.

2. I clean the robot periodically so I make sure nothing gets stuck on the wheels.

Previous Update - 01.49.66 same same error happened until I restored robot factory settings. But it took a lot of time to do and re-install everything (connect, scan maps, set zones, ...) above all else it interrupted the cleaning when I was not at home.

Please come up with better updates or simpler recoveries.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/29/2021      04:55
    @pth.tn:

According to the screenshot you sent us, it seems that the map is messed up, which may have a lot to do with the position of the charging station.

I. May I suggest you move the dock to the central area of your house?

The space for the dock should be no less than 0.5 m wide on the left and right side, and 1.5 m wide in front of it. Many customers solved the issue by relocating the dock.

II. Then pls reset the map and create a new one.

When robot is creating the map,

1. Map saved mode is enabled,

2. Robot starts from dock;

3. Robot goes everywhere on map it detects to clean, not just somewhere. Pls make sure the doors are open for the rooms you want to be displayed on map.

4. Robot returns to dock(whose position is not moved) by itself and successfully.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pth.tn
Welcome to Roborock Forum